Linking up with Madame Jen at Conversion Diary for this week's 7 Quick Takes Friday!
-- 1 --
I have a few interactive posts planned for Everything to Someone in the following weeks:
- a discussion of the recent film Les Miserables--possibly the most Catholic major movie I've seen out of Hollywood since The Passion
- the phenomenon of blogging as community, replacing the old-timey function of the village well, and why it's so important, especially to women
- addressing and opening up to discussion how women are "slaves to fertility," in a different way than secular society tries to say we are (don't worry, no plans to go into great detail)
- some thoughts on the Dove real beauty Youtube video that's been going around
- a 2012 Tuscany Prize for Catholic Fiction: Short Stories Collection giveaway. So stay tuned!
-- 2 --
Now you can see the funny, talented film my friends made. Maybe there's a cameo role in my future? c;
Pay attention, because this is my kind of humor!
-- 3 --
The domain name of this blog is going to be changing to everything-to-someone.com. After Grace's post at Camp Patton, I decided it was time to make the minimum-risk investment. So keep an eye out. I don't know if you'll have to re-subscribe or what. If so, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience! Please take a minute to continue to follow when/if the time comes.
-- 4 --
The Squirt oh-so-helpfully stuck a blue crayon in the dryer, unbeknownst to yours truly, so now all of my clothes have dried with bright blue smudges all over them. I'm washing them again. Veteran moms, is there any special formula to remove this kind of stain? I'm afraid that the drying set the color. :c And how do I get the crayon smudges off of the inside of the dryer if they're not budging?
-- 5 --
My youngest sister prodded me into watching Ducky Dynasty. I said, "You must be crazy I do not want to see that." So she sneakily played a recorded episode while we were in my parents' living room and I was doing something else. I caught snips of dialogue and couldn't help laughing. These men aren't stupid rednecks. They're actually pretty intelligent and very funny.
Oh, well. I've been looking for a new comedy since Liz Lemon retired. The other show in the running so far is Parks and Recreation. Thoughts on that?
-- 6 --
No news yet from the job opening I applied for, so keep your prayer warriors out on the front line.
Meanwhile, there is a Harry Potter read-along in the works. I've only read the first one years ago, so not only am I missing out culturally but professionally--since fantasy/fairy tales is the genre that my writing most fits. Headquarters for my explorations on that will be at Spinning Straw into Gold. Any and all are welcome to join us!
-- 7 --
It's so calming to have flowers in the house again. I haven't had any since Saint Patrick's Day, unless you count the decapitated Easter lily:
I peeked at the bank account today and was pleasantly surprised, so decided to splurge. Ya'll take care, and please have a flower-ful, safe weekend.