Glory



Christie's Knickerbocker Glory: strawberry ice cream with chunks of real strawberries, vanilla ice cream, strawberry sauce (Smucker's, or something decent), whipped cream, and a maraschino cherry.  This is an English-y dessert.  They're always going on about "summer fruits" tarts and raspberries.  Raspberries?  Why raspberries?  Those are the least sweet and therefore least-dessert-like fruit you can possibly choose.  Silly Englishmen.  Now, if it's got chocolate, it probably originated in Italy.

You can't see what a train wreck the apartment is in this picture because I focused in on the creamy dessert and cropped out everything else.  I came down with the flu on Thursday, which apexed on Friday, and have been recovering at a snail's pace ever since.  My recoveries are always slow.  We smell of menthol from the Vick's vapo-rub.  We at saltines, waffles, and ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I'll take my mom-of-the-year award now, thanks.

Summertime thunderstroms have started.  They'll become more and more frequent until they come every day between three and five o'clock in the afternoon, to crack open the swollen, panting heat like over-ripe fruit.

[EDIT:  Enter this free giveaway to win a copy of Dan Lord's Choosing Joy.]

sig

1 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! And looks a little less sweet and therefore more bearable than the recipe I linked. Cool!!! I'm working on getting butterbeer pictures up now.

    I remember those Florida afternoon thunderstorms. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Don't be shy!