-- 1 --
The thirty-three hour work week is nearing its end, and all I have to say is: !!!
-- 2 --
My grandmother visited this weekend and sweetly treated me and my sister to a spa day. The last time I got a pedicure was B.S., before Squirt.
Let me astound you with my impressive vocabulary: shellac is awesome. If you're going to splurge, considering getting shellac because if you average cost for use/time it lasts, it comes out overwhelmingly over regular polish. Going on three days of hard kitchen-labor, and my nails are still shiny and smooth. Get this: my color is called My Vampire is Buff.
-- 3 --
Thank you for all the thoughtful comments on Theme Thursday's photograph. I chose the most flattering pose/contrast/photo possible, of course. Here are some, I don't know, things-I-just-thought-of, that I think could be classified as tips for good self-portraits.
Same one from Thursday, in color. Not as dramatic, huh?
- always hold the camera slightly above you for the best angle
- experiment with tilting your head and putting the camera to the side, as opposed to a straight head-on portrait
- soft lighting is universally flattering--that goes for all portraits; try late afternoon or dusk sunlight
-- 4 --
Here's a photo I took of my sister using the methods above.
-- 5 --
The latest in the Harry Potter book club:
- Jenna talks about sorting and Hogwarts houses
- Masha introduces us to problems of magic, with a side note on houses
- a delightful comparison between Hogwarts houses and Lady Gaga songs from Laura
- and Ms. Loveday explains tarot symbolism in Harry Potter
Mine is coming tonight, tomorrow at the latest. Saturday is my day off!
-- 6 --
I saved the materials from my Christmas-season pine wreathes and used the clippings in the throw-away wheel barrow while the Squirt played in my parents' "yard" after work. Then the sun went down, and that's as far as I got.
-- 7 --
The roses are in full bloom for the end of May.
They're not my favorite flower. I prefer the bluebell, and the wild daffodil, and hydrangeas. And anything that grows wild on the side of the road. I'm going to be twenty-eight next week, and all I want for my birthday is bouquets and bouquets of flowers.