Theme Thursday: Dads

Linking up with Clan Donaldson.
I know it's late, but we had to wait for the subject to arrive!




His flight is two hours late and lands at eleven o'clock at night.  I take the baby in, still sleeping.  He slumbers through the transfer from mine to his father's arms.  But slowly he wakes, because these arms encircling him and supporting him are fundamentally different.  At first glance, he's shy, but he recognizes this man called "Daddy," who we count in our litany of God-bless-Blanks when we say our prayers every night, who lives inside the rectangular screen on the desk in the back room.  Only now, it's different; he's here, he's holding him, he's so big and tall!

Welcome home, Daddy.

sig

10 comments:

  1. These pictures are so beautiful they make me want to cry!! I can't imagine having an ocean stuck between my husband and I for months at a time. Welcome back to the U.S.A., John!!! Hope you all have a splendid three weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost cried..this is so wonderful! Have an amazing visit!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When John saw the picture of Yarrow on the fridge, he asked, "What is Afon doing all dressed up there?" He wasn't looking at it closely, though, and they both have the wild cloud of yellow hair!

      Delete
  3. I was gonna make an "almost cried" comment but those seem taken. Besides, I only cry at the movie "Abyss". But I like your husband, tell him happy Father's Day for me.
    -The Neglected Husband

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abyss, right on!! It's one of those movies I can watch every few years with renewed intrigue because I forget the plot by then!

      Thank you, Seth, I certainly will tell him. c:

      Delete
  4. Add another "almost cried" comment. I bet he's one happy dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, this is so sweet, Christie. I got teary-eyed, too. I'm glad Afon has his Dad back, even if it's just for a little while. :)

    Love,
    Q

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blarg. I DID cry. Totally choked up because I cannot. imagine. the joy in your heart. Your little guy will warm up,, but for you... it must be nice to have your heart finally in one place.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Don't be shy!