Settling In

We had our first night in the apartment last night.  I love our room.  But we only have one bed, so I didn't get a wink of sleep, thanks to Scoot.

InstaCam_2012-06-09_03-34-18-PM
I like fireplaces, an attraction that probably originated with my attraction to fires.  Yes, I'm a bit of a pyro.  But I also like the shape and look of them, the mantle as an integral part of the house structure.  And I like that this one is painted white.

InstaCam_2012-06-09_03-27-56-PM
InstaCam_2012-06-09_03-19-56-PM
InstaCam_2012-06-09_03-17-30-PM
I painted this bare wood bookshelf with Martha Stewart Ladybug from Home Depo.  Then I rubbed the edges and places it would naturally wear down with sandpaper to give it a "distressed" look.  (Secret bonus: when the baby bangs things on it and nicks the paint off, it will look like part of the finishing!)

I can't wait until we're really "settled," and I can have my students over for tea! 

You're welcome, too.



2 comments:

  1. Christie, I love that fireplace and the way you have the frames arranged on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fireplace and the keys! Great minds think alike because I painted a corner hutch for my kitchen that same shade :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Don't be shy!