My Life in Lists

Writing Projects and Deadlines


This list is more for my benefit than anything else.  There are probably others, but for now: 

source

1.  Spinning Straw into Gold 

Fourth Fridays Fairy Tale Prompt: Volume 1 


submissions close October 26, 2012

I've basically already got a poem written, but I'm letting it sit for a while.  I want to self-edit it, that way I'll give other people a chance to give me feedback, which is one of the main points of the exercise.

90% done  

2.  Unsettling Wonder 

Volume 1 Issue I

Theme: Wonder Voyages


submissions close December 1, 2012

I need to do some research and reading on the theme and look up the book they suggest in the library.  They take poetry, flash fiction, short stories, and novel excerpts, so I'll have a lot of choice, which is nice.  I also really like that they have a theme.  It gives me something to focus and hone in on.

0% done

3.  Scheherazade's Bequest 

Theme: Loathly Lady


submissions close November 30, 2012

I've already formed an idea of the direction I'm going to go over the past couple of months.  However, it's going to be tricky, especially trying to measure up to the Cabinet des Fees standards.

15% done

4.  Rose Red Review 


submissions for winter issue close ???

These writings tend to lean toward the weird and morbid.  This might be a possible option for "The Smile," a short story/flash fiction piece I've been wondering where to place.

0%-90% done

5.  Enchanted Conversations 


submissions open November 1, 2012 and close November 2, 2012  

I've been trying to get into this one for half a year.  The editor has a very particular taste, and there are many quality writers to submit to the publication.  I have a poem that could be a possible option, though it's hard to tell whether it is in the line of what they want.  There is also a not-quite-finished story that might be another option.

75%-95% done

6.  Eclectica magazine 


submissions for Jan/Feb 2013 issue close Dedember 1, 2012

This one publishes in all genres and lenghts, but is is very popular and going to be a hard sell.  This is why, symbolically as well as literally, it is last on the list.  Maybe "The Smile"?

0% done


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Don't be shy!