19/52 // Yarn Along



"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2013."


Afon:  At the end of a day in Llandudno for the Victorian Extravaganza, he is all smiles in front of the camera.  This stolen moment of poutiness shows another side of him that is all too familiar (and rather precious, when it's not 3 o'clock in the morning)!

I must have shattered my immune system eating Cornish pasties (sigh!!), Coca-cola, and clotted milk caramel at the Victorian Extravaganza because I was out of commission for Monday and Tuesday.  But today I am on the upward trend again and determined to eat more natural, wholesome food for at-risk thyroid diet (I know there's no scientific results for such a thing as adrenal fatigue, but the proof is in the pudding, so to speak).  I think what got me better for today was avoiding gluten all day yesterday, so I will avoid that as best I can.  Thank you for your love and prayers to get better!  Gosh, I'm sorry for talking about my health all the time, it must be terribly boring.  So let me make it up to you with some positive reflection: learning to live with an illness, especially an undiagonesed one, really makes the days in-between more precious, and gladdens my heart to be alive!  I am so thankful not to have to work right now, so all the little snatched moments can be given to Afon, whether it's just having him trail behind me holding onto my shirt while doing the laundry or being able to draw a picture for him.

Speaking of which, Mr. Afon got a stroller!  So Mama and Afon are going to attempt to go out walking for exercise like we did back in Florida.  It was always nice quality time for us, energized me for the rest of the day, and ordered us toward a better schedule.

I'm thinking about doing a summer retreat as well.  The Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary, whose church we attend, have a house of prayer for just such a thing.  Masha, Jenna, and I have been talking about refreshment and renewal and how that is different for everyone; how even the most family-oriented people (maybe especially them) need some solitary time, and that is not just a thing mothers need set aside especially for a certain day every year.  We plan on talking about our distaste of Mother's Day in the upcoming days, so come back later for that.




Meanwhile, the story is getting underway with some excellent critique and encouragement from M. and J., and I'm reading Donald Maas's Writing 21st Century Fiction.  The blanket has been finished for a few weeks now, and it came out lovely, with a white scalloped border.  Simple and sweet.  I'm starting on a new crochet project as soon as I get the wool!




sig

3 comments:

  1. how nice, the blanket! I hope you continue to feel better! God bless and keep you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie, are you in Ravelry? I'd love to see the things you make/made. Blessings on all your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! Don't be shy!